Skip to content
Syllabus RAS Pre: Indian Constitution, Political System & Governance
- Indian Constitution: Philosophical Postulates:
- Constituent Assembly, Salient features of Indian Constitution, Constitutional Amendments.
- Preamble, Fundamental Rights, Directive Principles of State Policy, Fundamental Duties.
- Indian Political System:
- President, Prime Minister and Council of Ministers, Parliament, Supreme Court & Judicial
- Election Commission of India, Comptroller and Auditor General, NITI Aayog, Central
Vigilance Commission, Lokpal, Central Information Commission, National Human Rights
- Federalism, Democratic Politics in India, Coalition Governments, National Integration.
Syllabus RAS Mains: Paper 3 – Unit 1 – Indian Political System, world politics and Current affairs
- Constitution of India: Framing, Features, Amendments, Basic Structure.
- Ideological Contents: Preamble, Fundamental Rights, Directive Principles of
State Policy, Fundamental Duties.
- Institutional Framework- I: Parliamentary System, President, Prime Minister
and Council of Ministers, Parliament.
- Institutional Framework- II: Federalism, Centre-State relations, Supreme
Court, High Courts, Judicial Review, Judicial Activism.
- Institutional Framework- III: Election Commission of India, Comptroller and
Auditor General, Union Public Service Commission, NITI Aayog, Central
Vigilance Commission, Central Information Commission, National Human
- Political Dynamics: Role of Caste, Religion, Class, Ethnicity, Language and
Gender in Indian Politics, Political Parties and Electoral Behaviour, Civil
Society and Political Movement, Issues related to National Integrity and
Security, Potential areas of Socio-Political conflicts.
- State Politics of Rajasthan: Party System, Political Demography, Different
phases of Political competition in Rajasthan, Panchayati Raj and Urban self
- Emerging World Order in the post Cold War era, USA’s hegemony and its
resistance, UN and Regional Organizations, Dynamics of International
Economy, International Terrorism and Environmental issues.
- Foreign Policy of India: Evolution, Determinants, India’s relations with USA,
China, Russia, European Union and Neighbouring Countries, India’s role in
UN, NAM, BRICS, G- 20, G- 77 and SAARC.
- Geo-political and Strategic issues in South Asia, South East Asia, West Asia
and Far- East and their impact on India.
- Current Affairs: Current events, persons and places of Rajasthan, National and
international importance, recent activities related to games and sports.
error: Copyright © 2021 AswaTH